Peace

Peace
A lake in Dromineer

Sunday 22 April 2012

Betrayed A piece I wrote when I was very angry


Yes I think it's over now, all our selfless work betrayed
The lying, thieving, cheating types who buckled, because they were afraid
And people lost their lives for less and people are divided.
They gave away the important things the ones in which we prided.
Those traitors came and sold us out, the whole corrupted game,
Only to fill their wallets, we tried our best all the same,
And we struggled and we soldiered on and swallowed much abuse.
Still hoping for better days, all a waste. What was the use?
All for nothing, because people didn't care. Blind principles degraded.
And blind they stayed, waving bright flags, with bitterness paraded
Showing how bigotted and stupid they were, to see nothing else at all.
Cheated of our birthright now we curry, beg and crawl.
No one does bitterness and begrudgery like us. And don't we do it well?
Of course we also do stupidity and ignorance with souls that we can sell
My enemy's enemy is my friend but have you any friends left?
We're going down together anyway because our adversaries were quite deft.
"So what matter now?" you say.The division bell is ringing,churches are still full.
There's no religion here just old habits dying hard, for minds that are too dull,
Bringing us all down together a very old, tragic story,
As it all falls to bits twixt misguided notions of idiotic glory,
In total disarray, we've lost, we've lost our very nation.
Are you happy now?Was there loads of compensation?
Nothing left for our children, only bitterness like poison darts
The battle is over but the ignorance lives on, in our hearts.
"Stupid I am and stupid I remain", never looking left or right
Marching straight ahead like good little soldiers into someone else's fight.
Hardly any point waking up now anyway, you may gripe and sneer
Expertly divided by deceit, treachery and machinations of fear
Easily led, on bullshit fed, and we believed them all
As we believe them still,even now as we stumble and fall.
I will not try tell you things you don't want to hear now,
I suppose it's kind of funny really some fools still worship the dow.
There would appear to be, for me, little more left to say,
So keep on fighting, fuck uniting, it's all you're good for anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Well said James. I must remember to avoid stepping on your toes.

    Sheriff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like it, Battle of the Books, maybe?
    FM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michael and Frank, yes indeedy when I first scrawled this in my notebook there was, very possibly,steam coming out of my ears.Indeed when I typed it some time later the writing was a bit difficult to read and it might have been a tad more rude I deleted an odd word.
    In fairness Frank it's hardly satire. We'll have to start tuning up soon for that one.
    A decent fellow like yourself Michael or Frank for that matter would never provoke the anger these people I refer to would.Again I must mention the links for Frank's and Michael's blog are here somewhere if you scroll down a bit.The Tara poetry blog and Sheriff from Navan. Many thanks for dropping in.

    ReplyDelete