Peace

Peace
A lake in Dromineer

Thursday 2 February 2012

Another poem also posted on writing4all the writers site

ARROGANCE
People say I’m a dismal fool.
People say, "It’s cool ,it’s cool, gonna be alright
tomorrow."
But I see no sign of a brighter day.
I see my future just fade away.
Like lines on a motorway the years have passed.
I’m tired and broke, I’ve lost all hope,
And rivers flow where we used to go for walks.
Everybody’s miserable but nobody talks about it,
And some would even doubt that anything is wrong at all.
Cretins rule and make vicious killers of decent folk.
If it’s all so funny I’ve missed the joke.
There will be a time to pay for all these sins,
A time to pray for forgiveness, a little too late I fear.
Too late for us to make amends,
And say,"There, there now let’s be friends."
But rivers bend and so do I.
It does no good, one can but try,
To change the world with a few creaky words,
To oil the rusty hinges of human decency,
And lose my pittance of sanity to another lost cause.
I worry sometimes, I worry for my family,
My friends, my kindred folk, I worry for our world.
The nasty and selfish ones have claimed the stage,
Have claimed the lives of bright young people,
Have sold us all into the bondage of a fallacy.
The unwritten truth is a wickedness in itself,
Thwarted by the media men and the politics of
greed.
The poor trodden under while the helpless ones
bleed.
The descending cloud of arrogance which overshadows all that they do,
While the fate of so many rests in the hands of a conceited few.

No comments:

Post a Comment